Been Hacked?

mjf

Well Known Member
Hi Eric

I think that somebody has gotten a little upset with the list. When I open up any forum, the screen is covered with a message saying "Please do not link to images on our site"

The colour's quite pretty, but it's a bit hard to read things.

Regards
Marty

I don't know about being hacked by I am having big problems connecting to, and using, JDEList right now. It isn't my internet connection - everything else works fine... But when I navigate around JDEList it keeps locking up and all I get is "server not found" for stretches of about five minutes.... Then it frees up again and just flies.

Maybe you are bing hacked... Or, at least, expecting unusual levels of traffic. Are you being bombarded with traffic? Maybe it is the latest wave of E:Mail viruses?

I haven't come across either of the issues. Can you tell me what screen you see this on?

Thanks.

I found the problem. Apparently one of the stylesheets we are using (specifically greenery) is linking to another website. This is ticking someone off. If you are using greenery, please change your stylesheet to something else). You can do this by clicking control panel, then edit next to display preferences. The second input box is style sheets. Mystery blue is nice. Try that one.

Thanks.

Pastels gave me the same problem. I changed mine to Mist and it fixed the problem.

My Style is set to "pro".... But I don't think I am experiencing the problems you guys are. Today is the first day I have been able to access the JDEList since my last post to this Thread as of last week. Suddenly today you guys are back and you didn't even know you went away!

I will continue to monitor the problem but there maybe a few gremlins in the Internet between me and you. It looks to me as if you have too much traffic, hence the "cannot locate server" error. If you are having a bandwidth problem that might be it. I am in the UK and, with about 8 hours difference between here and the US, you may be tied up with other jobs on your server overnight?

Oh well. I will let you know if the problem re-occurs. Cheers.

Back