User Security problem

jcabrera

Hi List,

I have a very strange problem. We have set up a *PUBLIC security for a Row exit. We have one user that logs into PY and has this Row exit disabled. She then logs into PD and has the Row exit enabled. She is the only user that has this problem.

I have looked into the jdedebug.log and the Selects to the F00950 table are identical when she logs into both environments.

Any clues?

Regards

Jorge Cabrera

Check your OCM mapping to ensure that for this user, table F00950 is not mapped to some other data source for the Production environment.

Hi vivek,

First of all thanks for your reply. I did what you just told me and everithing was okay. I just found the reason of the problem, it was a HC user override on the application that we wanted to secure. I copied the User Override to my profile and surprise!... i could access the same row exit. I am going to do some more testing and let you know the results.

Rgds,

Jorge

Hi, Me again

The problem was a corrupt user override. I deleted the original override and created a new one, but this time the row exit security was applied correctly. I just found that if you create a User override, and then change the security for any row exit affected by the user override, you will have security problems. If you first apply the security and then create the user override you should have no problems.

Jorge Cabrera

Back