JDENET_K process on AS400

bub

Hi list,

I've troubbles with JDENET_K process on AS. Sometimes, some JDENET_K process use 20% CPU during long hours ... and never come back to a regular level of CPU.

Yesterday, I haved 4 JDENET_K process with 20% CPU for each. You could easy imagine the performance of the AS ... The single solution was to kill this 4 JDENET_K process, after have check no user are using this JDENET_K process.

Have anybody an idee about this troubble ?? Why this JDENET_K process become crazy ??

=> AS400 V5R2, OneWorld Xe Update 2 SP22_H1.

Michaël,

We occasionally see the same thing. The JDENET_K job actually takes up almost 100% of one processor. I'm guessing that you have a 4-way, hence around 20%. I suspect this happens when JDE does not properly handle when a user 'gives up' and disconnects from JDE during a long running request. We currently have this problem in the F4311EndDoc function. I am adding an index to help combat the problem. I know of no easy way to identify what the problem is. Open a call with PS and give them the call stack. I have never received a response except 'closed-could not duplicate', but who knows. Hopefully you are still young and optimistic.

Tom Davidson

Back