upgrade to xe

bee

hi,list
we are about upgrade our software from Oneworld b7332 to the new version of Oneworld Xe.
i doubt about the performance.i think that the Xe should have a much better performance than the b7332, but how much better?i have no idea.
for example , for our server, there are about 300 user can using Oneworld at the same time .if we upgrade to Xe ,how much user can run at the same time ?about 500?
i can hardly find anything help on the KG.

bee

You probably want to speak with your Peoplesoft rep. before you take something like this on. From what we have heard, they are really pushing for the EnterpriseOne versions and Xe is not going to be supported very well.

As for improvements in performace, we noticed an improvement when we upgraded to XE, but I wouldn't say there was a 50% improvement or anything.

Shaun

Bee,

as Shaun noted you should be considering EnterpriseOne 8.9 or later - not XE which is due to be de-supported in early 2005.

Regarding performance increases - as a general rule new versions of software tend to run slower than older versions due to "software bloat".

Any performance increases tend to come about because you're forced to replace your old hardware with current hardware (think of trying to run Windows XP on a 486 ...).

Have fun with your upgrade planning :)

Back