WebSphere Horizontal Cloning

wloban

Well Known Member
I am attempting to implement WebSphere Horizontal cloning and cannot get the second node to be displayed in the WebSphere Administrative console on the first Web Server. I have installed DB2 on my second server and have cataloged and verified the connection to the DB2 repository on the first server. I have installed WebSphere on the second server and specified remote database on the database options window.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what needs to be done for the first server to display the node name of the second server?

Thanks,
Bill

Perhaps it is because I have a SQL Server install, but I am a bit confused with what you have described.

I have W1 and W2 (my websphere servers) sharing a single SQL database on D1 (my SQL server). Everything works as described.

From the way I read your email, you have W1 and W2 each talking to their own locally installed respository. Since they do not share a repository, it would make sense to me that the Adminstrative console would only be able to see one node.

Jeremy -

After installing the DB2 client on my second server I created and cataloged the WebSphere repository database WAS40 residing on my first server as per the instructions in the Web Server Installation guide. I successfully tested the connection from Server 2 to Server 1.

Bill

Ok, I misread the post. My first guess would be the second server has never successfully connected to the repository on the first server.

To debug this issue, I would compare the \WebSphere\Appserver\Logs\tracefile on both the original and new server. This log usally give pretty clear errors.

Back