21 CFR Part 11

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
I'm interested in setting up auditing of several files within Xe, an example is the Work Order Header File (F4801). I would like to track all updates or changes to this file. My first thought was to add a table trigger that would in turn update a Custom table. I would also need to create a custom Appl, and BSVW to view that data. However, after doing some research I read about the functionality available with SP21 and above called 21 CFR Part 11. I have read the document on how to set it up, and it "sounds" good. But I'd like to get some feedback from people that are acutally using it.

Was it easy to configure?
What were your goals for setting it up?
Do you think it is better then a completely custom solution?
Any other comments?

We are running Xe on AS/400 V5R2 with Citrix clients.

Thanks,
Aaron

A. It works well, after a little tweaking. It is very easy to set up. We had some problems when we set up auditing in PY and then when tried to set up in PD when we went live it did not allow us to create the audit tables with the same name (since the object already existed in F9860).

B. Comply with regulations.

C. It is definitely better than a custom solution.

D. The functionality has given some problems when you use custom applications and custom tables.

Although I have not implemented it I have studied it for the requirements of the Lifesciences marketplace. I also wrote a white paper about the various issues confronting such customers. This is downloadable from my web site but I don't think it will contain anything of interest to you as it is now out of date. However, it might be a little interesting background reading for you..... At the time I wrote it I logged a Post on JDEList asking the very question you just asked "Has anyone used this?"

The silence was deafening. However that was a year ago and I am pleased to see that there is some experience with this new feature since. Before it was launched the only way to get a log for F4801 was to switch on Outbound Interoperability for all the programs that effect this Table, such as P48013 and R31410.

This was good but the drawback was that JDE ommitted to extend this feature to such programs as the Mfg Accounting programs R31802 & R31804. The Shopfloor Workbench also shared this loophole. I reported this issue to JDE a couple of years ago and I believe there is a SAR to fill these loopholes.

If they have fixed this then this is a good alternative as you can track all addition, changes & deletes in the F4801Z Table and view them in P4801Z1 application.

I have installed SP22_S1 in our JDE 'sandbox'. While the service pack itself has been fine, I cannot ge the auditing to work 100%. The auditing header and detail tables are being populated, but not the audit table itself (in this case, A101). Did you encounter the same issue? I am trying a package update for the A101 thinking maybe the server has to be aware of this new table, although I really thought it would not need to know since it would be populated by the table trigger..
Any shared experiences would be helpful..

Thanks,
John

JOhn,

DID you gerated the table defination which should have genrated the trigger for these table ..I think table trigger are not generated properly....

The table definition for which table, the audited one, or the audit table?
If you are referring to the audit table (A0101), yes, I generated it prior
to checking it in. There appears to be triggers associated with F0101, but
they appear to just not be firing..I have checked the security for the proxy
user as well as JDE, and they should be able to access the A0101
table..stumped so far..

-John

Xe, Update6 SP19.1_B1
SQL2k SP2, WIN2k SP4
Metaframe XPa SP2

I have had limited sucess with this.

I was successful in turning on auditing for our development environment (via P9500001). I then went into table setup and added table F4801. I went through the steps of using Table design aid to add the columns I want audited. Saved out, and was able to check in the A4801 table. I verified that the A4801 was created in our test library (TESTDTA), and that F4801_ADT had also been created in TESTDTA. If I look at the F4801 and F4801_adt they have the same file structure, and the same number of records, and there are no records in the A4801 even though I tried making changes to the file via JDE. I don't see any trigger's on either the F4801, A4801 or the F4801_ADT. I used the sql command (on the as/400) select * from systriggers where event_object_table = 'F4801')

I had to wait till we could do a service restart, in my case an IPL. After the IPL, when I log into JDE I get the following message in my JDE.log file

1336/1372 Thu Jun 03 08:08:03 2004 JDB_CFR.c4532
JDB9901001 - There is a conflict between auditing flag of table: F4801 and its auditing components in data source: Business Data - TEST

When I go into P9500001, and look at the Auditing setup of F4801/A4801 it still says that Auditing is disabled.

I can't add records to that File anymore and I still dont see any triggers. Now when I try to work with this table I get an error "Database Audit Components Icomplete"

Now with that said. Is there any place I can look to see what it wrong? Or any properties of the F4801, F4801_adt, or A4801 that I can look at to see where the process failed?

I am lost...

Back