Adding A Field to IV Object

tiefenbs

This is going to sound basic to most of you, but I seem to have a problem adding a field to an IV form. I have added a field from the Business View to the form. I want to be able to add data to the field to update the underlying table. The field I have added displays values already in the table. When I try to either edit or add data in the field it accepts the value till I try and save it, it then drops the changes.
Does the field have to be added to the Business Function for it to work, or am I just missing a simple step.

first did you generate the view before to use it ?
Second, which is the type of form tha you use (some, like find and browse, doesn't perform automatic update.)?

What is the Application and Form? If the ER does a 'suppress update' and performs the update via a bsfn, then you cross your fingers and hope the bsfn accepts the field you are adding. If so, use the GC field value to pass to the bsfn.
If not, you will have to do table IO to add/upd.

If your app/form does not suppress updates/adds, then your method should work...

good luck

Thanks for your help. It was the P1702 and was trying to add the AFE field. Silly me thought that as the field was on on the Business view (F1201 - F1217) that by adding the field it would update automaticaly the field in the table considering this field is only in the F1201

Back