Problems with SP22_S1 and JAS

wkaauamo

wkaauamo

Our JAS servers on are Win2K Intel boxes. I tried upgrading our SP21_E1 to SP22_S1 and found that we can sign on through a browser as normal and get to our menus just fine. However, when we open an application from a menu option, we receive a javascript error stating that the FCHANDLER is undefined. I found the FCHANDLER function in the form.js file. But, for some reason, the system can't find it. I reinstalled SP21 and everything works fine. Tried upgrading to SP22_S1 on another machine and got the same error. Went back to SP21 on that and everything is fine there too. Anyone else encounter this problem for SP22_S1?

Are you aware of the change in encryption that S1 supports and the changes that have to implemented around that which may affect the way JDE logs in?

We applied S1 over the weekend with no issues. Webservers are running 2000 and 2003 on WS 4.0

I applied S1 in Development last night and after rebuilding the JAVA serialized objects, everything is working fine so far (crossing my fingers we don't find any problems this time).

Yes I am. I believe that I implemented it OK since the full clients work just fine. Just the JAS applications are giving me problems. I can sign on to a browser session just fine... just can't run any apps.

What is the size of your JAS directory? If it is <100mb the install of the SP did not complete correctly.

Also did you rebuild the JAVA serialized objects after applying the SP?

Good point. The size of my JAS folder is MB. I tried applying the SP on another JAS machine and got the exact same results. Now, I'm starting to think it has to do with the "Best Practices" procedures. I have multiple foundations set up in order to test SP22_S1. Also, the odd thing is that is that the error is for not being able to find a javascript function that I clearly found in the form.js file. So, I'm baffled, especially since the error is replicated on different JAS machines. In fact, I can re-install the previous SP21_E1 no problem and it works just fine on those same machines.

The size of the JAS folder is 196 MB with 30,764 files and 264 folders.

Websphere 4.0 Fix Pack 7 and Windows 2000 SP4. Here is something interesting that makes me think that the problem lays with my generation of the serialized objects. The javascript function that can't be found is FCHANDLER. It is in the FORM.JS for SP22 but doesn't exist for SP21. So, I'm regening my serialized objects again to see if that fixes the problem.

Back