OW Posting Problem

RLessor

We recently installed OneWorld Xe and are attempting to test the Accounts Payable module in a co-existence mode with World Software. Our experience level with World Software is over fifteen years and the testers are veterans. OneWorld Xe is being delivered via a web client to an iSeries/400 database server.

We are not having any problems with entering data within the Accounts Payable module but when we attempt to post to the ledger, we constantly fail. Although I have very little knowledge of reviewing the log files, I have noticed the failure appears to have to do with the PPAT file (F01133). The entry into A/P by me or any other user looks as if it will be created fine in the F0911 but the offset entry appears to be the problem. The error on the report constantly has an INSERT UNSUCCESSFUL error.

As a former developer, I am questioning the self created offset entry user identification within the web client (or fat client). During the installation process we created two user accounts on the iSeries – JDE and ONEWORLD. Within OneWorld, we have created a profile JDE but are unsure as to its true use. We have not created one named ONEWORLD.

My question now is two fold:
1. Does the user id JDE or ONEWORLD need a corresponding address book entry so as to be a valid user for creating the offset entry?
2. What is the relationship of posting entries to the PPAT file (F01133)?

Randy K. Lessor
Pizzagalli Construction Company
Manager of IT
802-651-1261

There is a KG document that seems to be related to your issue. These tables can apparently get "orphan" records from time to time and could cause your posting process to encounter failed inserts. The document is ott-01-0065. Also, there were blurbs out there about having a valid AB number associated with the system user (I'm assuming that's why you were mentioning JDE and ONEWORLD) specifically on the AS/400 platform.

But from your initial analysis of the error messages, it sounds like the above tech doc that describes the purging of these workflow files is going to be the trick.

Regards,

Jim

Back