What happens upon deployment?

• Thread starter Crazy_About_JDE
  • Start date
Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me exactly what happens when I deploy and subsequently install a client update package?

Is there a specific aspect your looking to understand? 'All of it' could take a while to post. We're all kinda busy undoing SP22_P1 these days, but would love to help.

Crazy about JDE Tim,

I don't know about your shop, but generally when I deploy a new package, full or update, I get new code on the servers......... :)

You know what?! I'll have to double check, but I think we do too!

:)

Dang! Tough crowd!! :)

I'm trying to deploy a package that contains business functions. According to the buildlog.txt they build successfully, but when I deploy the package to a workstation, the business functions do not appear to work. There is no error given during package build, package deployment, or package installation (whether pushed or pulled).

We installed Visual C++ on one of the production workstations in question and were able to build the business functions locally using OMW, and now they work.

So apparently deployment isn't working. I just don't know in what way.

Did you deploy this to the Enterprise Server as well as the workstations? If so, then try deleting dddict.*, ddtext.* and glbltbl.* (6 files total) from the pd7333\spec (or appropriate pathcode\spec) directory on the workstation. This will force JITI of appropriate definitions and specs.

Were these custom BSFNs in a custom dll that didn't already exist on the WS? If so, there is a special process you need to follow to get these BSFNs built on the machine. I forgot what it was, off-hand, but that is why JDE recommended doing a full pkg build if your deploying a custom dll.

Doug

Back