WebSphere Single Svr

tfall

Does anyone have a document or can point to one on installing/configuring WebSphere Application Server v4.0 Advanced Single Server edition to be used with OW Xe SP22_01?

Thanks
Teri

Teri,

I assume you know that PSFT does not support SSE. To find such doco, you will probably have to go to something pre-SP22 (the release they dropped it's support) if you expect to see anything that might refer to an SSE installation.

I have an SP20 install guide, but basically, it just refers to SSE in parenthesis as it refers to AE. In other words, it seems to suggest the install is no different and where it is different, figure it out. But I didn't dig into the doc too deep. Let me know if you want me to send it to you.

Doug

Doug,
Thanks for the reply. I know it is not supported, even thought I am unable to find documentation that states that anymore. We were trying to setup a quick POC and the SSE was the only media available to use. I have ordered the Enterprise edition and will just wait on that.
Thank You,
Teri

Teri,
It's noted in the SP22 Install Guide. That's the only place I found mention of support dropped. It is also no longer listed in the MTR's.

You could try an follow the 4.0 AE install for the SSE. It should work. I get the idea that the install was very similar. If your only setting up a single test environment on it, you should be fine. The problem with SSE is you cannot have multiple environments on the same install of WebSphere.

But if you intend this to grow to become your production install, get the AE.

Regards,
Doug

Just follow the installation guide and skip where ever it's refers to external repository. SSE does not need any external databases to keep it's repository. Also while you install you will notice, installtion wizard will not prompt for any database information. I think the repository is in XML format. Let me know if you have any specific questions about installing WAS4.0 SSE for EnterpriseOne.

Back