MTR for 8.9 Enterprise server?

zvika2

We have one AS/400 enterprise server (OneWorld Xe) and we are looking into different options to move from Xe to 8.9. One of the options is converting the AS/400 enterprise server to Windows server (as a new enterprise with 8.9). I can't find the Minimum Tech/Hardware Requirement for 8.9 Enterprise server. Can you help and let me know what are the MTR for EnterpriseOne 8.9 enterprise server (Intel)?

Attached is the MTR for 8.9 Enterprise Server.

Patty

Attachments

• 67372-ERP9_MTR_Enterprise.doc
    94.5 KB · Views: 112
As you can see from Patty's post (the Peoplesoft MTR Attachment) the Minimum Tech Hardware requirements are ridiculously low.

The real MTR depends on you: How many users, transaction volumes, data volumes, application modules used, number/frequency of batch jobs, ...

Consider this: hardware capabilities in the Intel arena have increased so rapidly (compared to proprietary platforms such as the AS/400 and UNIX RISC boxes) that a moderately priced Intel solution will outperform your existing hardware substantially. Unless of course you are one of those very large shops with hundreds of users, etc.

We have approximately 120 users (80-90 concurrent) in a low transaction volume manufacturing environment (single plant) with 60GB of data.
Current E.S. is an HP D-390 - two cpu risc box with 2 GB memory.
We've been on this box for 5 years. Performance is still acceptable.

We are also migrating to 8.9 and could not cost justify staying with the UNIX / RISC platform - HP and IBM don't seem to want that business (because they can't compete with Intel boxes at our size level?).

We oversized an Intel box (from Dell) far beyond our needs because we don't get to go to the well (for money) very often.

We configured the box with 4 2.8GH Xeons, 6 GB RAM, dual GB Network controllers, and a large amount of disk (over 500GB) in several raid cofigurations for a relatively cheap amount (don't ask me how much - configure it yourself on Dell's Web site).

Regards,

Back