Language Alternate Description in the Item Master

peterfourie

Hi,

I have a general questions regarding the Item Alternate description. If =
you setup an alternate language Item Description in the item master, is =
this keyed off the language preference field in the user profile?

For example, if you set up two user profiles - one with language =
preference =3D English and the other with language preference =3D =
German. When the German user signs into the system will they =
automatically see the German alternate description for the item master =
record in all forms that show description, and will the English user =
show the English description?

Any help on this would be appreciated!!

Regards.

Peter J Fourie

Hi Peter,

normally this is what should be the case but there are a lot of sars on this subject. So be sure to have the latest ESU implemented because sometimes the default language is (was) hardcoded. There is a sar 3175973 from 1999 that my company entered and which is still reconsider in the future. Everytime I ask them to change this the answer is no. Allthough other evironments get adapted 31 SFC and 37 QA for instance, 41 Inventory doesn't get adapted. Why? I don't know.

Hi there

One thing I am fairly sure of is that on sales orders, it is driven from the language preference of the customer, so that it updates F4211.SDDSC1 and F4211.SDDCS2 accodingly.

Regards
Ian

We did the following way (our JDE default language is English).
A) Establish all parts description in English.
B) Establish alternate language only for those parts description which requires foreign language.

The Alternate description really got nothing to do with the user profile language setting.

When you inquire ITEMs you will see English display only even though you login as a German user and JDE claimed that they will make improvements on the Language display in the future release.

David

Back