Transportation W/O Warehouse

kpapenfuss

My company is weighing the possibility of implementing the Advanced Transportation module of ERP 8.0 without implementing the Warehousing module. Has anyone done this or is it even practical to consider? We have a homegrown warehousing system that we would like to keep and see alot of benefits utilizing Advanced Transportation.

I would recommend you go for it!!

I have implemented TMS more than once without warehousing, and the benefits
are there. The integration with Sales Orders is great. Keep the setup
simple (minimum of fancy stuff like preferences) and you won't regret it.
Routing, rating, Carrier interface to A/P with matching...

Good luck!

Mike Lee
JD Enterprises UK Ltd.
Logistics and Manufacturing
Home office - +44 (0) 1296 427773
Mobile - 07787 188101

I would recommend you go for it!!

I have implemented TMS more than once without warehousing, and the benefits are there. The integration with Sales Orders is great. Keep the setup simple (minimum of fancy stuff like preferences) and you won't regret it. Routing, rating, Carrier interface to A/P with matching...

Good luck!

Mike Lee
JD Enterprises UK Ltd.

Keith,

The first presumption is your WMS and any additional third part software (RF) are already fully integrated and interfaced with 8.0. This being true, any WMS implementation would fight an uphill battle during the budget process. The second presumption is you are indeed getting all you need (current and future) from your WMS system. This may call for some requirements collection from your warehouse management, supply chain processors IT, and most importantly your customer base (current and future.) What you are seeking is the ROI to implement. This may come from increased space utilization, increased inventory accuracy, reduced movement steps and time. Lastly, make sure you understand the true cost of your current WMS system. This may be the gaps in functionality, maintenance costs, lost productivity or business...... Feel free to bring any specific concern or functionality forward.

Regards,

Steven D. Langley

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of kpapenfuss
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 12:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Transportation W/O Warehouse

My company is weighing the possibility of implementing the Advanced Transportation module of ERP 8.0 without implementing the Warehousing module. Has anyone done this or is it even practical to consider? We have a homegrown warehousing system that we would like to keep and see alot of benefits utilizing Advanced Transportation. Keith Papenfuss The Vollrath Co., LLC Xe SP 20 / ERP 8.0 SP22, AS/400, W2K, Citrix XP
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=67150

This is the JDELIST One World / XE Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

Back