Seamless vs Fixed Window

CitrixDude

A question for all the Citrix folks out there...

In Citrix are you publishing JD Edwards OneWorld in Seamless Mode or in Fixed Window?

The reason for the question is because I am having sporadic screen refresh issues with certain users in OneWorld. Both JD Edwards and Citrix are saying they advise not to use Seamless mode for OneWorld, but I have been using Seamless for over 2 years with no issues until now.

I am trying to get a feel for what other users are using for OneWorld.

I am running Citrix XP FR2/SP2, OneWorld XE, SP20, and Update 6

Thanks in Advance…

Dave

I've been running seamless without problems since Sept 2002 (actually longer, but that's when we upgraded JDE and Citrix to our current versions, SP, FR, Updates, etc.). Citrix XP FR2 SP2, Win2k SP4, JDE XE SP21 One Off G1 Update 5.

I have many customers using seamless with no issues. I am completely in the dark why JD Edwards would make such a claim - and I am really unsure why Citrix would have an issue with seamless windows, especially since that is one of the defining differences between RDP and ICA.

If by "sporadic screen refresh issues" you mean the flickering in OMW - you need to ensure that the screen colors (resolution) for the client matches the citrix session. However, if OMW is your only issue, I wouldn't worry about it too much since it only affects Developers...!

Hi all,
We use seamless windows, and they generally work fine. The only issue we
have experienced is if a user on a Wyse terminal (hence receiving a full
remote desktop from Citrix Server A) runs JDE as an application
published from a different Citrix server B. Then the user experiences
times when the grid is not correctly displayed. That is, the Exit bar,
the action buttons at the top and the grid headings all appear OK, but
the actual data is not displayed. The data can be displayed by
minimising then maximising the window (ie forcing a redraw). This grid
refresh issue does not appear if the remote desktop and JDE application
are both hosted by the same Citrix server.

Regards,
Mark

Peoplesoft EnterpriseOne (ERP8), Update 1, SP22_F1, Windows 2000, SQL
2000, Citrix Metaframe XP
#####################################################################################
Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not
the intended recipient. Stockland and any of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the
views of any such entity.

Thank You.
#####################################################################################

Re: RE: Seamless vs Fixed Window

Mark,

Thanks for the info. Based on what you are describing I am experiencing something very similar on XE. If I have the user refresh there screen either by right clicking or hitting F5 they are able to get out of the "lock up". Where you able to address the issue farm wide? Citrix had me apply HotFix 81 last night but it’s too early to tell if it fixed the issue.

Dave

Back