SP22_P1 / ESU - Problem adding user security

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
Anyone run into a problem where after applying the P1 and the security ESU, you get errors when you try to add User Security or do a Password Revision?

We have Multiple Foundations for this update. I checked and double checked the instructions for the ESU apply. I don't see what I missed.

I'm going to attempt to build and deploy the ESU package again and see if that fixes it. Seems futile though.

We are also having a problem with adding new user security or changing a password - it times out waiting for the security server. This is in ERP 8 with SP22_P1 and the security ESU.

I had the same issue. After upgrading to SP22_O1 and V5R2. not sure that's because of SP22 or V5R2 upgrade. but manage to resolve the issue. by dropping the table constrains and regenerating the indexes for F0092 table.

Arrgh!! Nothing!!

The error I'm getting is a timeout on the Security Server. The debug indicates the error is occuring in the F98OWSECUpdateRecords, which was delivered with the Security ESU (JD21150).

I rebuild and redeployed the Update package (everything looks like it went over correctly). I checked that the tables and services used were from the correct SP Foundations. I rebuilt the F0092 (as mentioned in a previous post). I recopied the F98OWSEC from my Sys to SVM (as instructed in the ESU install) just to see if IT was corrupted. I've deleted all the SQLPKGs that I figure would touch these files, save one: QZDAPKG.

Nothing!!

Doug

Look for my earlier post on issues with SP22 P1 - JD Edwards also has a warning to customers using this version. I am recommending to all my customers to NOT implement P1 since there are known SEVERE issues regarding Security.

Q1 is out sometime next week, followed by R1 - I am recommending to my customers to wait and see until R1 comes out.

I was told by GSS this weekend that sp22_Q1 will be out Monday or Tuesday?
Second question, what is your concerns with Q1 that is causing you and your
customers to wait for sp22_r1?

Blue Cross of Idaho, NT4.0, SQL 2K, SP21.

Jon,

Your post had come up AFTER I had already installed the P1. We had a fix we were waiting for in that oneoff.

Guess you won't have to worry about finding it hard to find _O1. PSFT pulled the P1 and put O1 back out there.

Regards,
Doug

Re: RE: SP22_P1 / ESU - Problem adding user security

I would also like to know what the concerns are with R1. We are on a tight schedule and would probably not want to wait for Q1. Have your experiences with O1 been okay?

Thanks,
Meilssa

Jon,

When do you think R1 will be out? I am looking to install SP22 the weekend before President's day. This gives me an extra day in case I cause a total disaster.

Back