mass entry in data selection

dbailey

My company updates its manufacturing routings on a regular basis, which requires subsequent standard cost updates to both the original parts and their upper-level assemblies ("where-used"). The list of numbers to be updated can be extremely long at times. I first have to type them into the data selection field in "Simulate Standard Rollup," and then retype them in "Frozen Standard Update" to complete the process. This is extremely labor-intensive, redundant and non-value-added.

I've tried downloading all of the part numbers to Excel, copying the list and pasting it into the data selection field, to no avail. I've also tried entering the list manually into the data selection field, highlighting the entire list, and copying/pasting into the data selection field for the next process, with no success.

After logging an issue on the JDE website, I spoke on the phone with a JDE technician. He tried a few things (presumably the same that I've tried), and had no success as well. He said that OneWorld doesn't support copy/paste in data selection, because most users don't update standards that often.

Does anyone have any input they can share on this?

Back