DSI and Intermec issues on XE

Ubertech

Ubertech

Hello the list.

I am running xe on an AS400. For our warehousing we are using wireless guns (intermec 700mono), that DSI is running on, which are timing out. Has anyone had simmilar issues with the setup that I have? I am talking with DSI and Intermec however I want to make sure that the XE/AS400 is not at fault.

Thanks all.

me.

Me.

We had a similar issue with Intermec and Sirius. It had nothing really to
do with them it was our wireless network hubs. Anytime a user carried
their laptop out into this area with there wireless card plugged in, all
our intermec would go crazy. Don't know if this helps, but I thought I
would mention it.

Steve

XE SP20.Update 3 V5R2 AS/400 ES, NT DS, Citrix, Agile,JetForms......etc.

Steve,

We seem to have two issues. One, the intermec radio cards just quit. have one happen a day over 9 guns.

Two, the communication between the gun and the server just stops somewhere. Can't find any problems with the dsi logs, so I am wondering what the jde server keeps track of.

thanks.

Shawn.

We have a similar problem. We are Xe on AS/400 with IBM's DCConnect product driving Intermec 710 handhelds with Intermec Access Points. We are not seeing anything tracable in the IBM logs. Since the DCConnect product does not run on the 400 we have eliminated that as a possible suspect. Our wireless devices communicate with a W2K server running DB2 UDB.

We have just received 4 units from Intermec that have a new bios rev on the wireless card. If that fixes the issue, it will be a nightmare to change out 100+ units since it is a depot fix. A nightmare that should be worth living through though.

Thanks Michael. I am talking with Intermec now to fix one of our issues. It is too early to point fingers. Both the guns and access points are being looked at. I still don't know about the other problem with the guns still working but the data is being lost, without logs catching anything. DSI is going to help us with this. I guess it is baby steps up the mountain.

We have been experiencing simular problems but have found different things. The timeouts we found were being caused due to out API time limits were too low. We changed the APIs to timeout after 90 seconds and then they went away. Word of warning...inside the DSI version 4.0 scripts there is an API timeout setting that defaults to 120 seconds. Your gun and this setting must be the same or you will get duplicate data transactions...

Two, the communication between the gun and the server just stops somewhere. Can't find any problems with the dsi logs, so I am wondering what the jde server keeps track of.

[ QUOTE ]
Two, the communication between the gun and the server just stops somewhere. Can't find any problems with the dsi logs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not seeing any Connector: Connection Time errors in the dcLink Asynchronous Error Corrections Log?

Back