OMW Object Transfer

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
Sarbanes - Oxley may be the bane of us all. In order to have a clearly documented recovery procedure for any modified object, I am trying to introduce an intermediate transfer step between status 28 and 38 in OMW. The theory is to have the new status place a copy of the production object into a custom Save pathcode (SV7333) before transferring a modified object into production and, when transferring from production back down the ladder, restore the production object from the Save location. I got the transfer rules in place but when I try to use this new status, I get an error message that the object I want to transfer is not in the project. Obviously, the production object won't be in the same project as the newly modified object until such time as that modified object is transferred into production. How can I supress or bypass this automatic checking of projects before transfers? Has anyone attempted something similar? Please share any hints or gotchas you may have encountered. TIA...

Hello,

We have tried that approach prior to SP20, but it failed. But with SP20 and above JDE has implemented this in the OMW itself.

Look at document no. ott-03-0024 which explains how to do it. I beleive that we have to apply an ESUassociated with SAR 5656295 for XE. ALso they say that this SAR is inlcuded Update 7.

Regards

Thanks, Sri! We had already applied the ESU, but I missed the step listed in the tech paper. It works perfectly now!! Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Do you have to apply the whole ESU or can you just get away with applying SAR 5656295?

One last addendum: to eliminate the pre-existing valid transfer steps (eg: 28 to 38 or 38 to 28), I wound up deleting the appropriate entries from the F98224. I couldn't find any way to delete from within JDE, so I connected to the table from MS Access and deleted the rows that way. Thanks again for the help, SRI!

SRI, I've run into a snag with the new transfer rule and was hoping you would share how you are handling this situation. To recap, I'm trying to implement a new Object Transfer rule between the status of 28 and 38. My new rule, 57, places a copy of the production object into a custom SAVE environment before tranferring a modified object into production. When I try to transfer a new object into production, though, I get Error 56, object does not exist. Since this is a new object, there is nothing to transfer from Prod to the Save location. How do you get around this scenario?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was not getting nay emails from the JDE List for the last 5 days and I was pretty busy doing a couple of Full packages and applying 2 ESU's and what not so I never got a chance to look at JDE list till now.

Coming to the issue at hand, what we are doing is at the time of creation of the OMW project itself we determine if it is a new or existing object. All new objects get one project and the modified objects get another project.

Also we have OMW transfer rules set up so that only the administrator can skip the SAVE step from PROD to PROD SAVE and directly move the new objects to PROD. The other project which has modified objects can move along in the normal fashion.

I know that this is not a clean answer for your question, but we have found this to be effective and have been using it.

Sri

Thanks for the response, Sri. We had surmised that you must be doing something like that, but it is nice to get a definitive confimation.

Back