1099 and company

rnygren

Last year we re-organized, and created 8 "paper companies" - separating them for budgeting and other purposes. Each company shares the central address book, and on occassion two or more companies will buy stuff from the same supplier.

1099s roll around, and I find I'm now getting several 1099 forms being generated for a single vendor. I see that it's actually separating out the funds paid from Company 0002 vs from Company 0005, etc. How do I get it to roll everything back together, regardless of company for the purposes of 1099s?

I understand there is a common paymaster field in Corporate Tax Setup, but I think that is for payroll only. Any ideas?

In case anyone cares, the answer is to put the ubercompany's address number into the alternative address number in the AB (say, alt addr #5), and when you run 1099s, one of the processing options has a Comb. Alt Addr# option - plug in the number (in this case, 5) and it will total it up.

So since I have address book records 1 - 8 that I want all to combine, I'll put "2" into Alt Addr #5, and then the 1099 data will all assume the sending company is co 2.

Back