Runube output to CSV File

mjf

Well Known Member
We use runube to submit our overnight jobs. Our users want to change one of the jobs to be outputted as a csv file. I know we can submit the job to the server and output it as a csv file, but was wondering if it is possible to do this using runube. I don't really want to modify the job at version level and use database output. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Copy the version, go into RDA, And on the first menu in "Printer selection" check the output to CSV option.

Submit the report using advanced exit and "sumbit specs only" - this moves the new version spec to the server.

Now runube should be able to do this.

Thanks for this Segfault. I had already tried this, but it does not seem to work with runube. It does however work with the OneWorld scheduler which is a work around for me. It's just that the scheduler is such a pain in the butt to administer compared with batch files runing runube.

The one thing I haven't tried yet is a server package build with the version in it with the csv flag ticked. maybe that will make a difference. The version is a new one which hasn't gone to the server via a build, rather has been submitted only from a workstation to get the specs on the server and then has been submitted on the server using runube.

Thanks for your help.

Back