Are You Live on 8.9?

hoganp

We are having a debate with our Consultants about going to 8.9

I Quote" There is now a newer version called EnterpriseOne 8.9 (EO8.9), but I know of no companies that are live on this version yet, as it is very new."

Okay people please let me know who is live on 8.9

Thanks

ERP 8.9 was released in Sept. of 2003, we are not live yet, but would be
interested in comments from someone who is live with this version. Thanks.

Blue Cross of Idaho, NT4.0, SQL 2K, SP21.

Re: RE: Are You Live on 8.9?

We are currently in process of a new installation with 8.9 SP2C1. We are still having an issue with WTS and the installation of packages. For some reason, WMI (winmgmt.exe) has a lock on several adobe files installed with a package. This results in the failure of the installation of packages. We must stop the WMI service, perform the install, and restart the service.

I have been working with GSS for over a month on this problem (and we had to tell them the work around). This only occurs on WTS (we tried several different setups, terminal services for windows 2000, citrix 1.8, adoboe 4.0, adobe 6.0), not Fat Clients. They keep asking for the same information so they may be stumped. We have tried the installation on 3 different servers with nothing but windows and jde installed on them. I have a hard time believing that no one else has had this problem yet....

The app team is just starting to configure the system and load data. There were several CNC bugs that we saw initially and the last CNC bug that we are currently working at, and know of, is the installation of packages. We haven't spent enough time on the app side to know if any major issues with them.

Just my 2 cents.

Back