Windows 2003 Server

andyklee

Reputable Poster
A client of ours is asking the following:

"We are a client/server shop running OneWorld (Enterprise One) software, and we're about to begin a test of Windows 2003 Server on a terminal server computer with our OneWorld ERP software and other MS apps. When testing is a success, we will roll out Windows 2003 Server to our 7 other terminal server computers. Also, in February, we will be setting up new clustered Dell 6500 SQL Server database servers running Windows 2003 Advanced Server.

Do you know of any OneWorld shops running Windows 2003 Server on their terminal server computers? We are moving ahead with our test/rollout, but it would be more comforting to be able to visit with others that are running on Windows 2003."

If anyone can provide feedback, please feel free to write back.

Thanks!

Andy

Good Morning,
We are in the same boat. I called Peopelsoft some time ago and asked them
about Windows 2003 Server and they said that one need to be on SP22. We are
currenlty running SP22_M1 in a dual foundation mode and DV7333 is our test
environment for. After we go live with the new SP we plan to upgrade and
change out our Deployment Server; it is going to use Windows 2003 Server.
Sofar with the multiple foundation we have not had any serious issues.

-
Senior Technical Consultant
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

My answer to this is that OneWorld works fine under Windows 2003 - but since it is a new product, it is not likely to be widely accepted in the user community yet (many companies have been already upgrading to Citrix XP in the past year or so).

However, I would have to believe that Peoplesoft (JDE) will certainly provide support for the OS within the next 3-6 months.

Back