SP22_P1 and no Solution Explorer Tasks

aritting

Just applied SP22_P1 from SP20_J1. With the SP we no longer have Solution Explorer task menus. The top now says OneWorld Menus / *Undefined*

Did this happen to anyone else? I'm going back to SP20_J1 for now (F98OWSEC restored)

I think I figured it out myself

In SP21_M1 they changed the default for displaying menus. Before if you did not have a ROLE assigned you would see all OneWorld menus in Sol Explorer. NOW, with no role assignment you see NO task menus.

This is the way the Solution Explorer task views will behave under EO 8.9. This "value added enhancement" first crept into the code in one of the earlier one-offs of SP22. It looks like they took it out and now it's back.

My workaround was to run a SQL to assign all users all roles:

insert into SYS7334.F95921
select RLFRROLE, uluser, RLEFFDATE, RLEXPIRDATE, RLROLETYP, RLSYSROLE, RLDEFROLE, RLFUROLE1, RLFUROLE2, RLFUROLE3, RLFUROLE4, RLFUROLE5, RLFUROLE6, RLFUROLE7, RLFUROLE8, RLFUROLE9, RLFUROLE10, RLFUROLE11, RLFUROLE12, RLFUROLE13, RLFUROLE14, RLFUROLE15, RLFUROLE16, RLFUROLE17, RLFUROLE18, RLFUROLE19, RLFUROLE20, RLFUROLE22, RLFUROLE23, RLFUROLE24, RLFUROLE25, RLUSER, RLPID, RLJOBN, RLUPMJ, RLUPMT
From sys7334.f0092
left join SYS7334.F95921
on uluser not in (select distinct rltorole from SYS7334.F95921) and ulugrp<>'*GROUP' and RLTOROLE ='DEMO'
where uluser <> '   ' and RLFRROLE is not null

No offense Jeremy, but assigning all roles to all users kinda defeats the whole concept behind roles. Roles are supposed to be used to cut down the clutter for users. In highly secure companies like Praxair, the auditors not only require me to make sure that users only have access to apps that they need to run, but they are also sticklers that the menus that they see reflect the applications. Your approach would also be clumsy for my system because I have over 200 roles and counting...... Such is the life of a CNC working for a Fortune 500 company....

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator/Security Guru

Unlike your implementation, we are not making use of solution explorer roles. We are however using QBuild to define all-door-closed security. If a user is not authorized to run an application, it is automatically filtered from the menu.

The only advantage with rolls that I see in ERP 8.0 with all-doors-closed security is that you can manually filter the complete branches from the menu.

Hi Aritting,
I think that it was set up so that if you did not have a DEFAULT role you would see all menus options. I remember having to go through and assing a default role to each user when I went to SP20.
Actually, it looks like they just fixed that bug.
Regards,
Dave

Back