Another SP22 Surprise

Barry_O

Just installed SP22 P1 (which I hoped wou fix runube but didn't) and found another interesting feature.

P1 has the option to download a SAR which will encrypt the password in F98owsec with more strength. I did not apply this SAR. I started the services on Enterprise Server, did my runube test then shut it down.

This morning my (current SP) DV and PY environment would not start properly due to Security Failure of the JDE Account. Strangely the SP22 instance started and stoppped OK.

What happens with SP22_P1 is that it will further encrypt your Password in F98owsec when you log in, without telling you. Thus if you roll back to your current SP, it will not start because it won't authenticate the JDE account or your account either. We had to restore F98owsec from backup to get JDE account going again.

The resolution to this is of course set up different System Datasources and/or adjust the user in JDE.INI and RunOneWorld startup for SP testing.

Remember this if you are going to use the same system Datasource for your SP testing.

Barry

XE on RS6000

Sorry got to side with PeopleSoft here. The instructions for SP22_P1 and the additional steps are VERY well laid out. The reason for the ESU is due to security being somewhat compromised (check Tech Flash Message - gsstf-04-0610). I've done this twice already with no issues. I did not change the jde.ini on the Enterprise Server - I just created a new database/library and copied the F98OWSEC there.

Colin

Your right Colin.

I didn't read the Doco that came with it properly. I thought that the change would only take effect if you apply the ESU they are talking about - but actually 22P1 by itself will change the Password when the user logs in.

Read the Doc very carefully folks

Barry

What I am curious about is the client. Doesn't the client determine the F98OWSEC file from the client jde.ini in the 'security' section - or does the mapping in the OCM override this?
With multiple foundations being used, do you use JDE's snapshot utility to keep the switch the client's SP level to the server it is accessing?

Colin,

How did you create a new database/library? I don't understand the whole OCM mappings. I have never installed a SP before, so it is a little scary.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

what type of system are you on. Libraries refers to AS/400 (iSeries).

If you follow the instructions that are exactly in the SP22_P1 install guide you should be okay. lemme know your system config.

Colin

We are on a AS400. The F98OWSEC file is located in the SYS7333 library.
Did you just do a cpyf file to a temp library? I was just going to save a
copy of F98OWSEC to my library for a back up. The instructions mention
copying the table to the server map data source. Do I need to do this if I
just copy it to a temp library?

This CNC stuff is way over my head, I was very happy in the RPG programming
world.

Stephanie

Stephanie
William Grant & Sons, Inc
Edison, NJ

Back