SP22 runube

Barry_O

For those of you who are thinking about SP22, forget it if you plan to use "runube" to submit UBEs in Batch Mode.

There is a known issue (SAR 6957621) which first appeared in 22_M1 and has not be resolved as of 22_P1, which causes UBE to fail security if submitted with runube.

I would have thought that PS would have addressed this issue a little bit quicker

Barry

PS we are on RS6000 using XE

Barry

We run all of our integrity reports from scripts using runube. I found a document on the knowledge garden oti-01-0029 that say this method is no longer supported. It sounds like they are not going to fix this.

Patty

You'd think that with a breaking news document - they'd actually finish typing it ???

The document finishes with "The RUNUBE can be a"

Maybe the poor writer was laid off in the middle of writing the document ?

I think we should hold a competition to help complete the sentence. Free copy of NTRunUBE to anyone who completes the sentence !

"The RUNUBE can be a ........"

Barry

Thanks for the heads-up post. You just saved me the aggravation of upgrading and then downgrading. I put in a call to PeopleSoft. They are working on the fix for XE, here is the current SAR and status:

SAR Number: 6988136 UBE Exceptions (RUNUBE)
New Planned Completion Date: 1/30/2004

Under the One-offs from 22M up, the RUNUBE command works in interactive mode but not batch mode. This issue has been escalated. The programmer expects to have the issue tested by the end of the month. It will then move on to QA for testing, afterwards it will be included in the next one-off. I expect to see this fixed in SP22 Q or R.

By the way, they called back in under 45 minutes from the time I opened a call. I gave them some follow-up issues; they called back with that information 10 minutes later.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Jon,

My entry:

The RUNUBE can be a lifesaver for those that need to be able to support anything except simple scheduling of UBE's. However, we will continue to refuse to support the function in any way which would make the function usefull to our clients.

Tom Davidson

I am having a similar problem with SP22_01 and SP22_P1 (I have not tried SP22_M1) and the use of Report Interconnects. Any UBE that is launched from another UBE via an asynchronous report interconnect will fail. SAR 6989905 has been entered to address the Report Interconnect issue.

Currently it appears to be an incompatibility with the SP and the use of OSAuthentication=TRUE to link J. D. Edwards authentication to the Active Directory..

Looking to update to SP22, but we use RUNUBE.. Would anyone have SP22_L1 =
or lower that they could email me. Response Line wouldn't send me a lower =
oneoff. Told me to wait until they fix the issue. Would need
SP22_ Client
SP22_ HP9000 host
SP22J_ HP9000 JAS
=20
Thanks if you can help
XE SP21_K1, HP/UX 11i 64 bit, Oracle 9.2.0.3 64 bit, Citrix =
MetaFrame 1.8, JAS

For those of you who are thinking about SP22, forget it if you plan to use =
"runube" to submit UBEs.

There is a known issue (SAR 6957621) which first appeared in 22_M1 and has =
not be resolved as of 22_P1, which causes UBE to fail security if =
submitted with runube.

I would have thought that PS would have addressed this issue a little bit =
quicker

Barry

PS we are on RS6000 using XE
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=
=3D&Board=3DOW&Number=3D66559=20

This is the JDELIST One World / XE Mailing List. To stop receiving these =
messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, =
then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by =
email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription =
preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE

Here is another thought. Is there a way to run a UBE from a command line or DOS prompt? The product ROBOT/Client allows you to run a job that will execute commands on a PC.

Yes there is... "RMTCMD" This is an AS/400 Client Access Express command, not a DOS command but it does allow executing a JDE command from DOS.

rmtcmd qsys/sbmjob cmd(call pgm(cookgpl/capsdownpr)) job(CAPSDWN) jobq(jdeasync) log(3 00 *SECLVL)

In Menu Design you have to select "Windows Applications" and then select Define from the tool bar. Add the above command to the "Command Line" box. This is obviously for running from a JDE menu but I imagine this could be scripted from Windows or perhaps from a Windows based Scheduler.

BTW, RMTCMD is not supported by JDE/PEOPLESOFT....

Darrell Allison
Systems Programmer
AS/400 V4R5 9406-730 8-Way / OneWorld B7332 SP11.3

Re: RE: SP22 runube

That's not quite what I was asking. The problem here is that SP22 does not support RUNUBE. This allows the UBE to be "fired off" from CL on the AS400. If you were to select a menu option right from your FAT or THIN client it would work. A way is needed to simulate the actual running of the UBE on the FAT/THIN client. ROBOT/Clent allows you to create CL that will communicate with a workstation (that also has ROBOT/Client loaded) to run tasks on the PC. For eample, you can have a PC open a spreadsheet or run a FTP. What I was looking for was a way to run a UBE on a workstation other than selecting an option from the menu.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

The document says that runube IS supported, as long as the problems you are having can be duplicated on a command line.

Basically, they don't want to debug your CL or setup of your third party scheduler. Honestly, I can't blame them - I charge people to support code I didn't write, rather than provide free support for someone else's problem. I bet they would do it as a billable consultant type though, if something worked on the command line but not in your CL / scheduler.

So, saying it isn't supported is telling a half-truth.

Tom,

you said "What I was looking for was a way to run a UBE on a workstation other than selecting an option from the menu."

You CAN make a shortcut to a UBE thats on a menu and then execute that shortcut externally from OneWorld. Sounds to me as if thats the work-around you're hunting for . . .

Regards,

Thanks Larry. That sounds closer to what I was looking for. As long as an "executable" can be created on a workstation, ROBOT/Client should be able to run it from the AS400.

Hope this supplies an alternate to using RUNUBE after applying SP22 (if you have ROBOT/Client).

Back