Error Applying ESU

wloban

Well Known Member
I am in the process of changing my deployment and enterprise server and also installing a JAS server. The names of the servers are being changed and I have already successfully made all the table changes, copies, etc and have been able to build a package and deploy a client. I am starting to install the JAS server and noticed I need ESU JD16345 due to the table changes for the F989998 and F989999 tables. The spec merge is failing and the error in the JDE.LOG shows: \\mngdep\planner\package\jd16345\spec\ddpkeyh.xdb error 53-The network path was not found. WinErrNum=53. I am attaching the JDE.LOG from the deployment server.

I have verified the name of the deployment server is correct and the server share path is \B7333. I have also verified the directories exist on the deployment server.

The current servers are on NT 4.0 and the new servers are WIN 2K.

Any ideas as to why the path cannot be found.

TIA

Bill

Attachments

• 66383-jde.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 232
I think you answered your own question here:

The error you get is: "\\mngdep\planner\package\jd16345\spec\gbrlink.xdb error 53-The network path was not found."

Then you stated that the deployment server name is correct and the B7333 share exists. So the above path should be:

\\mngdep\B7333\planner\package\jd16345\spec\gbrlink.xdb

Your path name is missing the "\B7333" part.

Methinks you've got something set up incorrectly.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Back