High Availibility

cncmiller

cncmiller

We are in the implementation stages of our High Availability project here at Sara Lee Foods. We have recently conducted our first role swap which was not successful. I have a few questions that you may be able to clarify. We are remote journaling all the JD Edwards Xe libraries as well as the IFS objects for JD Edwards Xe. We have configured a virtual IP address that floats between our source AS/400 and our target AS/400 depending on their role. The two AS/400s have different names but we have them pointing to the virtual IP address. The errors we are getting after we role swap and try and start Xe are can not find SLFCIN01 - B7333 Sever Map also the security server is not being found when a client tries to sign on. I have read several knowledge garden documents and was wanting to know if we need to change the host name in the CFGTCP option #12 to match the primary enterprise server SLFCIN01? Also I read a document referring to the Relational Data Base Directory Entry on the AS/400 does this need to be changed to match our primary? Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

When we did the initial install, we put the Enterprise Server name with lower case in some files and upper case in a few other files (OCM mappings I think). This caused us a lot of headache such as the job Job scheduler not starting. From this experience I would suggest you have the same name for both servers.

Wes

We have solved our problem of JD Edwards not stating on our Hot Swap(Fail-over) iSeries. The problem we found was that an IBM SQL package was not on our Hot Swap(Fail-over) box. We restored QSQXDPKG to the QSYS library and then was able to start JD Edwards services with no problem.

Back