Use peoplesoftlist.com?

• Thread starter Adrian_Chimirel
  • Start date
Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
I've just searched for peoplesoftlist.com, and it is NOT used!
Would it be a bad idea to change current jdelist to peoplesoftlist?
Just Curious.

Adrian

I wouldn't have a problem with the change as long as you redirected jdelist.com to peoplesoftlist.com for a period of time, say 120 days or so.

Patty

Hi Patty,

How would I do the re-direction?
Couldn't I do it on a permanent basis (vs. 120 days, only)?

Warm regards,
Adrian

We have been reluctant to do this because we wish to retain JDELIST name recognition and because many sites link to us using the JDELIST logo and URL. I suppose that we could keep the JDELIST domain indefinitely so that those links would always work. I would be interested to know what others think. I doubt that we would use the peoplesoftlist.com domain though because we would be infringing on the peoplesoft registered trademark.

I've noticed that PSFT is taking some steps towards integration (they started the PRE-integration already), therefore (and this is just a personal wild guess) JDE & JDEdwards &World, and OneWorld are going to be (a nice) history, in a couple of years.
Wonder if the registered trademark was an issue when JDEList was created.
Thank you,

I noticed however that peoplesoftlist.com was taken yesterday !

I think it would be the wrong thing to call the list. JDEList is ok right now - but how about something like "Onelist" or a play on the Enterprise One / OneWorld / World.

Maybe you should hold a competition to see who comes up with the best available domain name !

No problem; let the taker be the ... hm ... "master of that domain", and share it, too!

Consider the competition open till January 31, 2004 @23:59

re new name contest. How about:

One.Group2RuleThem.all
(and in the darkness bind them - applies to ex-JDE customers, right?)

Its probably no coincidence that peoplesoftlist.com was snapped up the day after discussion of using it appeared in this forum. It appears to have been parked by TUCOWS, INC. It would be no surprise if every name offered for consideration ended up being swiftly registered by someone unrelated to the interests of this forum.

My suggestion is that you leave the renaming of this forum up to the guy who came up with "JDELIST" and register that name before anybody eles does.

This site provides aid and assistance to the (former) JDEdwards suite of applications. If it were to be changed to Peoplesoft.something there could be some indivuals that would come here looking an answerrelating to the entire realm of Peoplesoft products.

I know I am coming into this a month late - but....

Eric own's the peoplesoftlist.com domain name - so, it's part of the family.

Eric can 'alias' the domain with jdelist.com - and it would become transparent... as long as jdelist.com is not hard-coded into the ubb threads software (most weberized vendors do not hard code like that).

Then - as JDE becomes less and peoplesoft becomes more... the graphics and images can slowly migrate to those of peoplesoft...

I aliased the premier sprintboat site - cus I didn't want anyone fiddling in the water. An example is at:
www.sprintboat.org
www.sprintboat.com

They are the same site.

db

Back