BuildPackage has caused a memory violation

• Thread starter Crazy_About_JDE
  • Start date
Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
Ok, let's try this one more time...

Hi everyone!

I can build a full workstation package without a hitch. Server and workstation update packages build fine. Try building a full AS400 server package though--no client--it stops after an hour and displays this in R9621:

(page one) Client Package Not Selected
(page two) EventRule: Business Function BuildPackage at line 13 for Event 15 in Section Software Package Build Header has caused a memory violation.

R9622 never starts. There are no errors reported in JDE.LOG, JDEDEBUG.LOG, or the Windows event logs.

I am not running any third-party software, remote control software, antivirus, or backups at the time of the build. In JDE.INI, set the WaitForBusBuild setting to Y and, later, increased the JDENETTimeout setting to 3000, garnering the same results as always.

JDE/PeopleSoft support folks haven't a clue.

Server update packages and workstation full/update packages work fine.

Any ideas?

On your enterprise server in the jde.ini file, what is the SimultaneousBuilds set to? Ours is set to 5. My two cents.

Patty

What happens when you submit a full client and server build. Also what is
the last line in the builderror.txt/jde.log?
Regards,
Kieran Fitzgerald

Thank you, Patty!--I appreciate your input.

Currently, SimultaneousBuilds=0. I looked this up on the occasionally-useful Knowledge Garden and found this in document OTM-00-0106:

"If you are building a server package for the AS400, the jde.ini setting SimultaneousBuilds should be set to zero. If this is set to 5, the default jde.ini setting, your build will hang after 5 svrpgms are built. Other platforms, NT and UNIX, can have this value set to 5."

It goes on to say that having the setting at 5 can *cause* a memory violation in an AS400 build.

-Tim

Re: RE: BuildPackage has caused a memory violation

Hi, kf. The last line of BuildError.txt is

1/6/2004 16:52:37 1 RDB record count in RDASPEC : 303271

The jde.log is not created, because there is no error.

Back