HTML client scrolling

msouterblight1

VIP Member
To all,

We have installed SP22, and I was under the impression that it allowed for scrolling up and down the grid, that we weren't limited to displaying 10 records per page. Well, it's not working that way for us, is there an INI change that we need to make?

Thank you,

SP 22 should scroll, though not in the manner in which you probably think of. When you fetch records, you click on the button to retrieve the next set, as your list grows, you can then scroll up and down in the list, however, in order to see the first 30 records to scroll through them, you'd need to click on the button to retrieve 11-20, and then 21-30 first.

Don't forget to set your JAS.INI appropriately.

[ERPINTERACTIVITY]
#interactivity level. valid values are: LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH
InteractivityLevel=HIGH
# whether multiple browsers fetch is enabled
MultipleBrowserEnabled=TRUE
# the maximum number of open browsers for each user
MaxOpenBrowsers=10
# the number of records fetched for each database fetch before getting a system warning
DBFetchLimitBeforeWarning=2000

Cant you also set the initial number of retrieved rows by the find in the FDA
for the app in question?
Kieran Fitzgerald

Re: RE: HTML client scrolling

I have asked this question of JDE gurus as well. I have been told that the fetch count for the returned recordset is not available now, but will be with enhancements in the future. This was from Quest East last October.

Mathew,

JDE use to allow the change of the default rows per page, but had to remove it as some customers where setting it to high and suffered performance issues.

I modified one of the generators java classes to increase this default for ALL forms to 20 rows per page. The java class is AppGenEngine.class. You can find java disassemblers out on the internet to do this. If you want me to send you my modified class/java file I can.

Back