Loaded Question on Releases

hoganp

Hi, new to jdelist I have a loaded question which may or may not be answered simply.

It has bben thr33 years since I have had to work with OneWorld and that was with B 7.3.3.2.

Have there been any significant changes to current releases or am I going to have to start from scratch?

Please don't laugh at such a broad question .
Thanks for any responses!!!

Hi Hoganp,
Did you want to inquire about apps, CNC or development ?
Dave

Pat

We went from B7331 to XE and didn't see alot of changes. We have the financials and purchasing. Xe fixed alot of bugs. A big thing I noticed was the security workbench copy actually works now. In B7331 when you thought you were copying one record it copied all records for that user.

With ERP9 you lose menus and have to go to solution explorer. This will be a biggie for us.

Patty

As Dave asked, it would help to know what flavor of OneWorld your going to.

OMW is a biggie. Learn it. Use it. Love it (you don't have a whole lotta choices).

Solutions Explorer and the move from Menus to Tasks has a bit of a learning curve.

8.9 has some changes to the security for Role Based security. IMO, QBuild is the only way to implement OW security.

Web Server (JAS) was useless before Xe.

Be prepared for much more stability in the Fat and Citrix clients.

Report development on Citrix.

Web Versions (if you had any experience with HTML client).

What else . . .

Hi Doug,
You really have me wondering what in the world your message is about !
Best Regards,
Dave

I guess I did need to clarify abit the new installation i am working with is XE. I need to come back up to speed quickly because they are behind on installation by 6 months with only two financial apps installed many more to go.
The system is coexistance and I really do question where they are at since peoplesoft will be dropping support probably about the same time they get all of the apps up the way they move.

Back