VLISTMODE set to 20

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
Since taking Planner ESU JD19076 and Tools ESU JD20190 we have been experiencing a sporatic issue. The issue results in the field VLISTMODE in the Versions table (F983051) being updated to a 20. Normally it should be either a 1 for interactive versions or a 2 for batch versions. Once set to a 20, if we do a fast path to bv, and try to look up the version it will not appear in the versions list, however, if from the menu we do a right click prompt for versions it will appear...I have not been able to determine exaclty what causes it to happen. Although it seems to be related to when users submit the job from a menu and do a prompt for values / data selection and they change some values (either PO or DS).

I searched the knowledge garden and could find anything relating to 'VLISTMODE'.

Perhaps someone here has seen this?

Aaron

We've seen the same thing. VRVLISTMODE is changed to 20 randomly when a UBE is run locally or on the server and data selection is changed.

We had opened a call with JDE. They checked several settings then said they wanted to get a debug log before continuing. This has been very hard to come by as the problem is very random. This happens to custom and JDE supplied UBEs and it's not always the same UBE.

Matthew-

Good to know that we are not alone. Do you have a call Number with JDE, I will add us to the call. I am seeing the same thing that you are, in that both custom and stock UBE's are effected. For us we get one or two of these each week. Our best guess at this point is somewhere JDE is trying to put a blank value in the field, which is ASCII code 20 (I think) this gets interpreted on the AS/400 as a literal value of 20. I have tried debugging, and comparing code, etc. No luck.

Have you also taken the tools ESU that I mentioned?

Aaron

We've been seeing this issue for since last summer. I contacted JDE again yesterday. They said that this problem has now been reported by other clients. If you would like to be added to the list of clients with the problem you'll need to open a call with them and tell them that you would like to be added to the list of clients with reports being marked as Interactive versions in the F983051.

There is no SAR yet as no one has been able to send them a JDEDEBUG.LOG and they have not been able to recreate the problem.

Last night I was sent a list of the following questions from Peoplesoft.

1. What release of the software are you currently using including the Service Pack with one-offs applied and Update Level? Example would be Xe Update 7 and SP22_L1.
2. What AS/400 operating system are you using - V5R1, V5R2, etc.?
3. What release of Client Access Express is installed on the workstations and what version do you have of the CWBODBC.DLL?
4. What recent ESUs have you applied (last five ESUs). Were there any ESUs you applied specifically for Object Management Workbench?
5. When did you first notice this issue occurring? Did it coincide with the install of a new Service Pack or other update/ESU?
6. When encountering the issue, are you having issues with Batch Versions having the field updated from 2 to 20, or interactive versions getting the field updated from 1 to 10 or have you experienced this issue with both interactive and batch versions?
7. Is there any pattern you have identified as to when this update occurs that could help us in determining the root of the problem.
8. If possible, send a Support Assistant with the Generic Profile

To answer your question - We have not loaded the ESUs you listed. This was noticed however after (by 3 or 4 months) we loaded SP20.

Hi Folks,

We just found out we have the same issue here about VLISTMODE being at 20 in F983051. Is there anybody who got an answer about this problem since early 2004??? We can't find anything on KG???

Thanks,

Eric

It is to be fix in SAR7058301. However for the now you must update =
through
the back door.

Thank you,
Colin Galdo
CNC Administrator
Hanson Building Materials America, Inc.
Voice - (919) 380-2581
Mobile - (919) 795-0295
Fax - (919) 380-2578
[email protected]=20

Eric-

We still have this issue every once and a while, and Peoplesoft is yet to provide any assistance with it. Although to be fair we havent pushed them to much as of yet. It is not a major issue, and becuase we cant re-create it on demand, there isn't much we can do. Did you start seeing this after an upgrade / SP?

Currently we just SQL the version records to fix them.

Aaron

We too discovered this problem recently (5/17/2004) and opened up a call. There is a SAR similiar to the issue reported:

SAR# 7058301

JDE said the current workaround is to periodically search the versions F983051 table for values of 10 and 20 and change them back to 1 and 2.

Grant

We have also run into this issue. For now, I have also just been using SQL weekly to change the records....
UPDATE DV7334dnt/f983051 SET VRVLISTMODE=2 WHERE VRVLISTMODE=20

for example

We went live a three weeks ago and also have had the same happen. Also signed on to SAR 7058301. GCS has offered us a code change to help red flag instances when they occur. Has anyone else been offered the same? If so, have you applied? Thank you.

Yes we have. However, because most of our Production users access JDE via citrix servers we've only implemented this in the DV enironment. We still have been unable to capture the instance when the bits get flipped in the F983051.

I have the same thing happening. I went to the KG to review SAR 7058301 and it is at status 02 - Returned for Clarification and that was on May 10, 2004. In my experience this usually means it's a dead issue. Is there another SAR number for this issue?

Good question. The GCS rep mentioned something about this going back to SP20. Does anyone know if there was another SAR before 7058301 that was left at the same status?

Hello, list-- Responding to an old post that I've been following since sometime last year. The first week of February, I updated our iSeries Access for Windows to the level that was released in August 2006 (SI24723) and this problem with VRVLISTMODE has gone away.

The latest version of iSeries Access for Windows can be gotten one of these ways:
<ul type="square">[*]request PTF SF99530 (the latest cumulative update),
[*]by ordering the appropriate PTF listed at www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/casp.html, [*]or by downloading it directly from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/v5r3m0/servicepack/

[/list]

So in the end, it seems as if it were an ODBC error with Client Access - correct ? I always thought it was, since this issue never appeared on any other platform.

Good to know that IBM finally fixed THEIR issue.

And it would be even better if JDE fixed "ALL THEIR" Issues.
grin.gif

Thank you for providing these details...I'm going to need them again. I thought I had the problem solved when I applied ptf's in Jan '06 and sent my project file off a long time ago for archiving. Weird that 15 months later I have a few occurrences again.

Regards,

tarkan

Back