RE: Check In & Out Problem

nervull

RE: Check In & Out Problem

Alex-

Xe DOES need a mapping for this table (F98761).

Richard-

This is usually a Central Objects table. Verify that this table exists in your Central Objects - PD7333 Data Source (assuming you didn't map it to a different DS). Just curious, why are you developing in Production?

Joshua Peterson
Ball Corporation

V5R2 IBM 870

Re: RE: Check In & Out Problem

This is not correct. It does not. Not for anything standard. Only incorrectly written custom code could possibly require it.

OW utilises a different algorithm to resolve C/O tables' location in all versions, except ERP9.

Anyway, this is not much help in resolving the issue at hand. There's not enough information in the logs to suggest a solution.

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

Alex

I don'y understand you

Can you please explain in more detailed

Thanks

What addtional infromation you need my friend?

What do you have?

The only error in the log does not give us the answer.

If you could link this to a specific action, which may have caused it, or find any more logs (debuglog?), it would help.

Does re-installation fix it? - could be just corrupted specs somewhere.

Alex.

Alex,

I am curious, what algorithm would that be? In your scenario, how would the algorithm know if you changed the location of the CO tables? Have you tried to make those OCM mappings not active? See how well OMW works then.

Joshua Peterson

Re: RE: RE: Check In & Out Problem

Overwriting OCM for any of these tables won't change a thing (that is: up until ERP9). OW assumes these tables to be in the C/O datasource linked to the pathcode.

In fact there are no default OCM mappings for these tables. If you have any, then somebody has mistakingly created them manually after the installation - no use to have those, can only slow the system a bit, as this table is read often and you want to keep it small.

As I said, OMW does not use these mappings and you can safely remove them from your system. You may have noticed that OMW configuration is based on pathcodes, not environments, so the entire OCM is ignored.

You have much to learn, young jedi...

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

Back