Media Objects

mmcgrath

[blush]
Hello,

I need to be able to get a very specific media object to print as the last page of every different document number i.e. I need a RMA form to print as the last page of every CO document that I print. I usally Print CO's by batch. I also need it to go to a specific printer. i.e. our pick ticket print out on a line printer and I would like this document to print out on a laser but be able to change the printer in case our process's change. I will have several different applications for this process i.e if I print a quote for a customer I would like a site rediness checklist to print as well.

Thank you in advance,

Mark

Mark,

What you are asking about is what form/document management solutions excel in. Do you have Optio, Formscape, CreateForm? We use Optio, and can do multiple outputs to multiple destinations, based on a single input document. I know other people use Formscape and CreateForm, according to posts on JDE List. Hope this helps.

Don,

Had OPTIO in the AS400 prior to conversion (spent 50k) and HATED IT! To expensive, uses propriety SQL, older version difficult to design and got consultants that did not know what they are doing. I have the documents design, I do not need them populated, just to be able to call them.

Mark,

Sorry to hear about your Optio experience -- we've been very satisfied with it. Anyway, is the media object you are talking about a text media object or some other type of media object (OLE, URL, etc.)? I believe you can only retrieve text media objects in a UBE. If you DO want to display a text media object, you'll need to call a custom section in the UBE whenever the document number changes, so that it will print out as the last page. Unfortunately, you'll need to apply a similar change to all UBE's you want this for. As an alternative, you could also create a custom UBE which is only the RMA form, and then call that from the parent UBE whenever the document number changes.

Back