FAT Versus Thin Client - Report Result Differences

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Looking for assistance in explaining the following:

1. Created a custom version of the PO Print, R5543500 and checked it in.

2. When running this version from a FAT client, either locally or on the Enterprise Server, the Supplier's Part Number (controlled via a Processing Option) prints on the PO.

3. However, when running this version from a Thin client, the Supplier's Part Number does not print on the PO.

4. The FAT and Thin environment are the same, i.e. both are PY7333 (one isn't PY7333 versus WPY7333)

When you submit a Job on the Thin client doesn't it also run on the Enterprise Server? If so, what could cause these results to be different?

Any guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't see your thin client platform in your signature, but I've a couple of ideas. If you are running web clients, you'll need to regen the modified UBE from your generation machine. If you are running WTS, and you follow normal SOP for deploying mods to a WTS, you probably build a full set of specs after each package deployment to eliminate JITI. My suggestion would be to deploy or check out the modified object to one of your WTS servers and try the UBE. Generally the specs are sent from the requesting client to the ES to run, and if you look at the debug logs you'll see something to the effect of "submitting specs to XXXXXXX". Therefore, if the modification or PO change isn't on the machine submitting the UBE, the ES will run what it gets from the client, and therefore you can see different results from one client machine to another.

If you have deployed the updated specs to the WTS, then I'd manually inspect the PO values when on a fat client and when on the WTS itself.

Another option is to run the UBE locally on the WTS. No, I'm not suggesting you allow the users to do this, but you can certainly isolate one of the servers, or try this after hours just to see what results you get.

Good luck,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response. My thin client is a WTS. Since I "added" a new version on my FAT, and then set the processing options as desired, and then checked the version in, using the FAT, shouldn't the WTS client immediately have those Processing Options reflected?

parora,

As long as it is a new version and you have JITI turned on for your PY7333 environment, then yes, it should probably be available. However, running the TAM and global spec update (or just building a new set of files all together) is a good place to start.

If that doesn't work, I would try building an update package to include the base UBE and all versions just for good measure. While it does not happen often, JITI on a WTS can cause corruption. Although, I have only had it happen to me once in 4 years.

Good Luck

You need to build an update pacakge. Checking out & checking in by itself does not make changes available to the enterprise server and any thin clients.

Back