Cookies for Santa and good little CNCs

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
Happy Holidays listers.

Here's something cool I found for simplifying the process of logging in to the JDEWEB client that I thought I'd pass along.

Gregg's cool tricks with cookies:

[SECURITY] add:
UseLogonCookie=DIRECT {cookie saves user ID and password}
CookieLifeTime=91 {set cookie to one day longer than your JDE password expiration date}

[OWWEB] add:
DefaultEnvironment=JPD7333 {hardcodes in the environment}

[LOGIN] add this section:
DisplayEnvironment=Hidden {takes away the environment selection screen}

Adding in these lines to your JAS.INI will enable a smart cookie that remembers the user's login credentials if they elect to enable a cookie. I have the cookie set to live one day longer than the 90 day interval for forced password change. As soon as the user changes their password, the cookie expires and a login screen pops up. With the cookie in place, the users breezes right in to JDEWEB without any authentication information requested. The second part hardcodes in the environment so the user's don't need to remember to enter that information. This tip will work as long as you have created seperate virtual machines for each pathcode (which you need to do anyway). Enjoy your cookies, and don't forget to leave a carrot for Rudolf.

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Christmas Alegre, Buon Natale, Frohe Weihnachten, Joyeux Noël

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Hi guys,
You should add also one additional statement in [OWWEB] with default Role because in other case it still shows you the selsction page. See egzample belowe:
[OWWEB]
DefaultEnvironment=JPD811
DefaultRole=*ALL

Back