Interfacing Legacy with JDE!

jdedebug

Hi
I need an help on integrating Legacy with JDE OneWorld Xe. I have to integrate an legacy system which is having SQL Server as Data base. JDE is with SQL Server DB.

1. How to add only newly added records to Z files from Legacy DB? That is when U add some records into Legacy DB only those records newly added should only to be added to Z files. If you use JDE Table Conversion Batch application, it will add all records from Legacy DB to Z file. How to prevent this? OR Can I use FLAT File?
2.Sheduler for getting records from Z files to Transaction tables of JDE?

If you have any idea please share with me.

Regards
Bal

Simplest answer might be an INSERT trigger in the Legacy system DB to write either direct to the Z tables or (better perhaps) to an intermediate table to act as source for a table conversion.

You might be able to find an unused field in your legacy database table that the JDE conversion can update/fill as records are added to the Z files and also use this field in the data selection of the conversion to not pull those records again.

Hi
Thank a lot for your info.
Is it possible to update the legacy table field from our JDE-Table Conversion Batch Application? (After writing the data into our Z table, I have to update the field identified as FLAG.)

Regards

Hi
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Will JDE allow us to write records from external DB Trigger?

Regards

Yes, JDE will allow you to write records to the Z files (the only resttriction being on the unique key), from anywhere you want.

Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Any idea how to update legacy table column (to set a column in legacy table as "Y" flag, after coping records to JDE "Z" table)while running TC Batch Application.
Regards
Bal

Bal,

If you have a datasource set on the legacy table make sure your data source is set to "Suppport for Update" and make sure your OCM for this table point to the right data source, then just use a normal update from table I/O. I did it with a two legacy system already, tell me if you have a problem.

Christian Audet

Hi
Thank you very much for your input.
I have tried that, but failed. I could not able to update Legacy table column from JDE - Table I/O(While doing Table Conversion).
Any system function/BSFN is there for this?

Regards
Sathish

No,

In my case it was just the support for update option and I was able to update my AS/400 source. Mybe this option is not working in all cases.

Christian Audet

Hi
In Table Conversion ER there is an system function "UpdateCurrentInputRow". In that they asked to assign value to IC (Input Column) and call the above said System function. But it is not working.
Do you have any idea on this?
Regards
Bal

The only thing that I think of is to re-verify the parameter of the datasource and the parameters of the ODBC connection. Op ! by the way are you using foreign table mode in your table conversion or Datasource mode ?

Christian Audet

Hi
foreign table mode? Please can u please elabrate me more on this?
regards
Bal

When you create your table conevrsion you have a TAB where you choose to read from a Data Source or from a foreign table, which one did you choose ?

Christian

Back