Quest Global? or PeopleSoft Connect?

joshlitt

We are trying to decide the best route to go with this year and wanted to get a feel for what everyone else is doing. We see that Quest is going ahead with another conference this year, although PeopleSoft doesn't seem to have any involvement what-so-ever! I see more of a benefit in going to PeopleSoft Connect as long as were not the outcast we were last year! It seems that PeopleSoft Enterprise One, and World would be better represented at PeopleSoft Connect this year than would be at Quest Global mainly because they know what is going on, what's new, etc. We are even contemplating our renewal for our Quest membership? What benefit does that offer us now, we were very happy with Quest as an orginization but if there is no interaction between Quest & PeopleSoft...... what does it do for me now? How does everyone else feel about this? Are you going to Quest Global? PeopleSoft Connect? Both?

Pondering the same question as our Quest renewal is due, I am new to JDE so I don't really know the value historically of Quest, and would like to see some opinions on this matter as well.

I still think that Quest Global is the single most important conference for the JDE users - and this year is probably the last before JDE/PSFT create a much more significant proposal.

My expectation is that Quest Global will be the one I opt for, and I'd be interested in what the EnterpriseONE team does at Peoplesoft Connect (but am not expecting a huge amount yet). Quest seem to be VERY committed behind the product strategy, and they may continue to be involved as a Peoplesoft Independent User Group. Only time (and a couple hundred $) will tell !

I feel very strongly that we should support Quest for at least the next year. Why? Quest is an independent user group. PeopleSoft users do not have such an organization. If Quest goes away, and it seems pretty clear that this is what PS wants, the user community for both PS and JDE will have no opportunity to band together and leverage the direction of how the software develops. Sure, PS probably has "focus" groups and user meetings, but these are controlled by PeopleSoft.

Will Quest be a player in this game long term? That is yet to be decided. But we will never find out if we let PS kill off Quest and that is exactly what they are trying to do. It is not like PS asked quest to participate in PS Connect... They don't want an independently run user group, period. If quest is still going this time next year, peoplesoft will have to recognize it as a ligitimate player. You can't ignore your customers.

My recomendation: Keep your Quest membership active for at least one more year. If you are a JDE customer and cannot go to both, I would go to Quest. I don't believe PS Connect will have added a lot of meaningful OneWorld/World events. Remember, these things are planned a year or more in advance.

Back