Work w/Submitted Jobs

DMiller

Here's my situation and background info: My users don't want to make too many clicks... for instance, when you are in the batch versions application and then off the form exit can click on Submitted Jobs. Well that takes you right into Submitted Job Search (P986110B). What I want to put this on a menu. Has anyone ever done that and if so, how did you define it on the menu?

I attempted to put in on the menu but get the error saying 'you attempted to access F986110 (Job Control Status Master) OBDC System - B7333 configured incorrectly. Set Translate option to 'do not translate'. Then I get an unable to retrieve Business View information - application P986110B. I looked at the OCM mapping for F986110 and it's defined to System - B7333 - DNT so I'm wondering why it's looking at the wrong ODBC.

OR is there a way to bypass the server selection from the Work with Servers or Submitted Jobs application? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Why not just use WSJ in the fast path?

Neil G. Norman
Alcon Labs - Texas
XE AS400/SP17.1/NT/Citrix

I have requested a SAR for the exact issue. It is SAR 6913628. It is at a status of 'awaiting review'. One easy fix is that the field 'exehost' recognises the character '*'. If you are using Portal there is the 'Print Queue Centre' that kind of offers this functionality, but even this has limited functions

This may help...this is from the thread below which I did for our users to simplify things..the thread has an attachement in it with ER changes.

"I created a custom app based on the P986116 called P556116. I then created a custom Template for it called T556116. On this new template I added a tab called Server Selection where you type in the name of the server that is handling the UBEs. This is stored in a new version. In the new app I put a couple of event rules in to pass the server name in and do all the prompting. So what you have is P556116|VERSION1. I then placed this on the menu. When the user opens it they are brought right to the screen with their jobs by simply opening the application. See attached document for Event Rules..."

I didn't have to make any OCM changes or mappings.

Grant.

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=49818

Re: RE: Work w/Submitted Jobs

This still promts you to enter a Data Source, which is an extra step

Few people allow most users access to fast path.

HI I am not sure why are you having probleM I just attached to a menu and it works fine......I am using NT sql combination....Jaise

I had a similar problem: If a user opens "WSJ" then they have to select the name of the execution host. They complain that there are simply too many buttons to click and it's too easy for them to get it wrong.

So to save them all a couple of clicks, I set up a simple application that consists of a couple of useful 'system' functions: eg: change password, server jobs, etc.
This way there is one screen they can go to that they can use to access system-type tasks. For 'work with server jobs', I just attach the following event rules:

<code>
F986110 DS OVERRIDE
"SERVER_MAP_DATABASE_NAME" -> szDatabasepath
If SV Error_Status is equal to CO SUCCESS
Call( App:p986110B , Form: W986110BA )
"UBE_EXEC_HOSTNAME" -> Executionhostname
"<Blank>" -> cSecurityFlag
UNDEFINED X cMode
"<Blank>" X Version
End If
F986110 DS OVERRIDE
"<Blank>" -> szDatabasepath
</code>

(Naturally, substitute the relevant hostnames..)
This then opens directly to the server job listing without having to select a data source.

We don't use WSJ because we don't allow our users to have fast path. Also, even if they did - you still get the screen up looking for database path where you have to click Find and then pick a server. This is what I was trying to get away from.

J_J -
What do you have defined for the menu option? What do you have for Object name, form name, option code, version, application type and client platform?
Thanks!

I used the object name P986110b blind execution... its works pefectly fine.. let me know whats your configuration is... I am using nt sql server.. and it works fine... thanks Jaise

We have tried to run the P98611B blind, but it returns no records. It sems that the field "EXEHOST" requires a value and does not reconise the "*" charactor.

Back