F98741

vwrona

Has anyone experienced recreateing the F98741 table after it has corruped? Thanks to all replies.

The only way to "recreate" this table would be to recover from a recent backup. When restoring this table you would need to recover all the Central Objects tables for the path code as well as deal with the Object Librarian records for that path code.

However, this table does not get corrupted completely. It is individual records that can get corrupted. Normally this will only affect a few objects and you would be better off dealing with those objects than attempting to recover the table.

What is telling you that there are corrupted records in this table? Are you having trouble opening specific objects in the development tools?

Are you seeing messages in package builds like?:

ERROR: Could not add record to Pack file GBRSPEC. Record:
evseq: 27, ESEVSK: 8afea32a-3068-13d2-ae66-0000f5683c6b

The error above usually relates to an "orphaned" record in the F98741 central objects table. This happens when there is an event rule record sitting in the F98741 that is no longer associated with any object. In the case of orphaned records, you can simply remove it from the F98741 using database commands and the error will go away, no harm done. In other cases (unfortunately) this record is not an orphan but is actually associated with an active object. In that case you have no choice but to try to restore the object from another path code or recreate it. Take at look at document OTM-01-0021 on the knowledge garden for more info on this problem.

Before I could give good advice I would need to understand more about your specific situation. In most cases, only a few individual objects get corrupted. I wouldn't jump into trying to restore this table just yet. If it is just a few objects you may find that you can recover from another path code, or retrieve them from a FAT client that has good copies. (There are techniques to do this even when the object is not checked out)

I am sure you will get some good advice from other folks on the list. Many of us have dealt with this. Please feel free to drop me an email directly if I can be of further help.

Regards,

Back