webMethods vs BizTalk with PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne

samb

I am looking for the advantages and disadvanteges of using BizTalk over webMethods for the middleware to integrate disparate sytems to EnterpriseOne. Please let me know if any of you have any insight on this. There is a definite advantage of XBPs that is built into webMethods, are there any other?

Hi,
I never use BizTalk, but I have enough experience on WebMethods/XPI. It's a very good real-time integration platform. XBP help you to develop your integrations on EnterpriseOne side, but for instance if you have customized Sales Order process on EnterpriseOne probably you'll have to customize Sales Order XBP to the same way. XBPs do the same things of EnterpriseOne processes.
XBPs are the plus Jdedwards (oppsss sorry PeopleSoft ) provides, because otherwise you can buy the integration platform directly from WebMethods.
I hope to have been clear, sorry for my poor english.
Good luck gigi

Thanks for the information Gigi.

If it is just the matter of XBPs then there is a company called iWay that has created XBPs for BizTalk. I am trying to find out if there are any architectural or any other fundamental advantage of using webMethods over BizTalk.

Back