Migrating UDB/Windows to DB2/AS400

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi,
How can copy/migrate Business Data, Control Table and Central Object from an UDB database (UDB 8.1.1a for windows) to DB2 db on AS400? Which tools do I must use?
Now configuration is

EnterpriseOne8.9 / UDB DB2 8.1.1a
Enterprise and Deployment Windows2003

Thanks Gigi

Gigi,

this should be pretty straight forward but I have a few questions. First what is on the AS400? Second how much data do you have? How much custom development? If you have the time I'd just use the JDE tools to do the data transfer. Just set up the AS/400 as an Enterprise Server. Create new datasource that point to the JDE libraries on the AS/400. Then use the R98403 to copy from DB2 UDB to DB2 400. Once you're up and running you can then rename the datasources.

If you haven't had a lot of CNC experience I'd have a consultant do it for you. It's not that hard and the exact priciple is the same as 'Ending Co-Existence'. Try searching for that document - it should be usefull.

Colin

Colin,
It's not so easy. I describe you my configuration.
We have an installation on windows platform (UDB db2 8.1.1a). This is test and CRP installation. In February I'll do another installation (different location to 300km of distance from first) with an AS400 enterprise and another deployment.
I thought to setup a datasource on old installation that points to the new installation (accross a WAN) but network beetween two installation is not so good. For EnterpriseOne Object, like application, report..., I can use Product Packaging.
Your advice can help me because I could use R98403 to replicate locally (on MSDE db) Business Data and Control Table, take this MSDE database to the new installation and replicate it on AS400 database with the same report. Maybe only a problem, does MSDE db support LOB column in table?
If yes, Could it be a good idea?
Gigi

Back