StockNonstock in Item Branch (F4102)

alpat

This must be a straightforward issue, but the solution is proving frustratingly elusive!
Field StockNonstock (which sets the rounding method) in Item Branch (F4102) and Item Master (F4101) are out of synch in our data. Changing the value in the Item Master is via the Additional System Info exit, but I cannot access the field in the Branch. R41802 which copies values from Item Master to Item Branch does not include the StockNonstock field. How can I change StockNonstock in Item Branch (F4102)?

Hi Alan,
good to see you've discovered JDEList - and please say hi to the team!

The only way I can think of getting these back in synch is to SQL them back in.
If you update the item - it does not update the b/pl with the new code. Creation of a new bpl record goes OK.

Let me know if you need more help.

Warm regards

Peter

Peter, Thanks for the advice. Would I be correct in saying then that whatever is first put in this SNS field on the master and b/pl tables that it can never be changed as the b/pl update is a one-off event. So even if the values are correct in both tables now and require to change to new values in the future we cannot do this other than using a SQL backdoor?

Alan,
I've tried this on ERP8 (Standalone) and on U7 (real system) and only on creation is the SNS updated - a pain I know!

I suppose the options are :-
1) SQL - no so good as its a techy fix
2) Change item master to update all b/pl's - not so good as this is likely to be in the MBF
3) Change item branch maint - not so good as this is likely to be in the MBF
4) Change R41803 to update SNS as well

(4) is probably the best as its the least invasive and allows you to change SNS in the long term.

Mail me directly if you need anything else.

Warm regards

Peter

Back