How to modify PlugAndPlay_P0411

cyberscout

Hi
I'm programming forms, tables and reports, but until now no business functions.
To the Voucher Logging Form of P0411, I'd like to add two fields, where I can add the person, which is responsible for this invoice.
The problem is, that the F0411 won't be updated over F0411.Update. There is always a Business Function used.

Can somebody give me an URL where I can learn more about Business Functions or has somebody some ideas, how I can modify the used Functions?

As far as I saw there are:
- PlugAndPlay_P0411
- F0411FSBeginDoc
- F0411FSEditLine
- F0411FSEditDoc

Has somebody some experiences editing these BF?

And another question:
I need to add some new fields to F0411. For that I have to copy the whole data (we are live since 01.01.02) to another table, add the new field, and copy the data back. Is that a good idea, or are there other possibilities?

Thanks a lot for every help
cyberscout

Hi Felix,
re: the other question
Don't think of modifying F0411. I am sure most people would create what are termed 'tag' files.
You might call this new table F550411. Create it with the same keys as F0411 and then add your new fields to this new table.
When needed in an application just do a select, update or insert. You could even create a join over both tables so the data could come into an application or UBE seamlessly.
Regards,
Dave

As a good rule of thumb you should never modify a JDE table but instead create a tag file (table) with the additional data you need. Of course this means you would then need to modify a lot of programs to view this new data (unless you're only interested in it for reporting purposes). The lesser evil might be to find fields that aren't being currently used and update them - however you'll still be at the mercy of a JDE update/upgrade.

Hope this helped.

Ok, thanks a lot for your answers.

I will try to create a tag file. Thanks again.
cyberscout

Back