All jobs on Server go into WAIT mode

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

All the jobs I submit on the server go into the WAIT mode. I tried restarting the services even restarted the server but still any job I submit goes into wait. I have tried running JDE std reports also like R014021 XJDE versions but everything just goes into WAIT. I made sure that there were no prior jobs in the WAIT mode.

I am on Win2k and SQL 2000. Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance

The port no is fine...6010..which is the port no for ERP 8.0 . Infact my server jobs were running fine untill two weeks back when the server was forcefully shutdown..due to a power failure. After that I have not been able to submit jobs on the server..they all go into wait mode. As mentioned..I have tried restarting the services but no luck

If you had a forced shutdown, I would expect to see some sort of corruption with JDEKRNL.DDB/XDB - though this is incredibly rare, its not completely unknown.

Check through your JDE.LOG's for the error messages. Start up the network service first - check to make sure the port is running on 6010 and that all logs look clear - then check a porttest to see if you can connect to the database.

Under Intel, it is very easy to distinguish between the network and the queue services and to troubleshoot each part individually - so I would strongly recommend discovering if it is the network or the queue that is causing the issue.

Hi,

Check following things. Is your Data base up and running.. Can you do a port test.. ( porttest should confirm of you have data base connevtivity.... If you on INtel NT plat form.. Check if you could you Jdequeue.exe in the taks manager ..... if every thing is there run a runube command on your enterprise server....

Jaise

Hi Ice,
You didn't happen to change your JDE password prior to this inadvertant shut down did you ?
The queue services will continue to run if you change the password but will not come back up after services are shut down. Check the JDE.INI on the enterprise server to see if the password is correct.
Good luck,
Dave

Thanks for all ur replies

Well..I did not change any passords before the shutdown. My users are able to login into JDE fine and carry out their transactions so database connectivity is fine I guess. And the network service has to be running fine..on 6010..else users would not be able to login.

Some of u'l suggested redeploying the server full pkg..I just finished deploying my latest server full pkg. And the jobs go into wait mode..irrespective of the environment signed into so I so dont think it has anything to do with the specs

I am not at the site at the moment so i cannot do tbe porttest or check the jde logs

Ice_cube,
at this point I would be very pragmatic:
-take down both services, make sure they ARE down looking at the windows taskmanager
-clean out the log directory
-make sure logs are being created (LogErrors=1)
-start the jdenet service only
-wait a couple of minutes and check the logs for possible errors
-if no errors are found, start the jdeque service and check for errors again after a couple of minutes. You may want to start only one or two queue, so you won't get too many log files
-make sure that the jobs that are waiting are in the queues that you start, like QB7333.
-if nothing is found repeat the above with DEBUG turned on.

Good luck, Gerd

Ice,

Do the jobs in wait status have a JDE.LOG? Failing that are there any messages in the Event Viewer? We are AS/400 based, not windows, but if for some reason the job fails on the ES BEFORE it is able to update the F986110 file the job appears to stay in a wait status, even though it is actually completed.

Just an idea.

Tom Davidson

Have you tried re-indexing the SVM F986110? We had a similar problem a
while ago, and it turned out to be blown indices.

Steve Lehner
Westcon.Net

XE SP20, Oracle 9i on HP-UX, Win2K logic servers, Win2k MetaFrame Clients

Hi List,

Sorry for the long abscence. Well my problem (All jobs submitted on the Server go into WAIT mode) is still not solved. I am away from the site , and so it is difficult to troubleshoot.

A brief summary of my issue

- All jobs submitted to the Server go into WAIT , irrespective of the environment signed into or the UBE submitted

- All other operations in JDE are working perfectly fine , users are able to login , carry out transactions, access database etc...

I generated the logs while starting the jde services. When i started the JDE Network Service i got the following errors in the ES jde.log

652/2192 Fri Dec 19 18:06:42 2003 cleanup.c107
Initializing Cleanup Program.
Any errors in this log file will not interfere with normal OneWorld Operation.

652/2192 Fri Dec 19 18:06:42 2003 cleanup.c139
Initializing Environment:DV7334 . . .

652/2192 Fri Dec 19 18:06:46 2003 jdeksec.c868
SEC0000003 - Security Server returned eSecUnknownUser for user JDE for eSecValidate

652/2192 Fri Dec 19 18:06:46 2003 JDB_CTL.C3029
JDB1100015 - Failed to complete Security check

652/2192 Fri Dec 19 18:06:46 2003 cleanup.c184
FATAL: Environment initialization failed for DV7334!

After starting the queue services i got the following errors in the jde.log files

2228/1276 Fri Dec 19 18:13:41 2003 IPCPUB.C3135
process 2228 <jdequeue.exe> registered in entry 5

2228/1276 Fri Dec 19 18:13:42 2003 jdeksec.c868
SEC0000003 - Security Server returned eSecUnknownUser for user JDE for eSecValidate

2228/1276 Fri Dec 19 18:13:42 2003 JDB_CTL.C3029
JDB1100015 - Failed to complete Security check

2228/1276 Fri Dec 19 18:13:42 2003 JDEQUEUE.C508
JDB_InitEnvOvr failed with rcode = 0

2228/1276 Fri Dec 19 18:13:42 2003 IPCPUB.C3515
API ipcSawUnregisterProcV1 : process 2228 unregistered in entry 5

Even though the log files mention something about the jde user not validating My JDE password is intact , and it is entered correctly in the JDE.INI files also.

Any Idea's as to what might be wrong and whether these errors have something to do with the Jobs going into WAIT status

Thanks in Advance

What about the JDE DB user password in the server JDE.ini , have you
verified that is correct, including case (for some DBs)?

-John

Xe, Update6 SP19.1_B1
SQL2k SP2, WIN2k SP4
Metaframe XPa SP2

have you changed your JDE password recently?? you will need to change the
password in the services also.

Is it possible that a OneWorld datasource could have had the 'use julian
dates' checkbox unchecked ?

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

Re: RE: All jobs on Server go into WAIT mode

Hi List

I have not changed the JDE password recently. Everything was workin fine untill one day My servers were forcefully shut down due to some power failure

All the sections in the JDE.ini of the ES have the password entered correctly

There seems to be something else missing. I recently removed the security record entered for the JDE user , as I wanted to use User based security for the JDE user during sign on.

I am able to sign on without any problems using the JDE user and the other users also(they use the JDE system user and password)

Any clues....

Since you are running on an AS/400, I'm assuming you've checked out the suggestion from ATLQUARK. If the password for the security and queue account hasn't changed, if the authority hasn't changed for that user profile, then it's quite possibly the kernels. I'd follow Jon's advice and head down that route. First, check the sizes, if either is 0 you've got a problem. If neither is zero, I'd then shut down OW, copy the existing kernel files, and restore the kernel files from a backup prior to the "forced shutdown". Bring the OW system back up and see what happens.

Also, another thought, I've seen instances where people have attempted to set up custom subsystems for batch jobs to run in. The subsystem wasn't defined correctly and all jobs submitted to a jobq in that subsystem would sit in a wait status.

Another item that I'm sure you've looked into are the job logs of the kernel services when they start. Are they clean? Any messages even hinting at an issue should be corrected.

I'd also try recreating indexes on the job master table, and possibly copying it off and regenerating it.

If all else fails, I'd purchase a quad WINTEL box and run all batch jobs on it....and before you all choke on what's left of your holiday cookies, yes, that last one was just a joke.

Regards and good luck,

Jim

hi there
i have the same problem in the past and the answer is in the queue try to create another queue and prove it.

HI ,
Thanks for the replies. I am not running on AS/400. My systems are on Windows and SQL 2000. There are errors in the logs when i start the network and queue services. I have mentioned these errors in my earlier post

Could it have something to do with SAR 6957621.

Looks like JDE Cocked up the Password part of the BLOB in F986110, and as such SP22 M, N and O are useless if you want to run UBEs using RUNUBE command. Looks like they might fix it for 22_P1

Ice Cube,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? We have a very similar problem.

If you did resole it please let me know how you did it.

Layton

Back