External Messaging

gregzin

Hello, I am about to configure the JDE.INI file with my smtp server to enable external messaging. This will be used for approval routing etc.

Is there any default messages sent out by the JDE application? I am worried that by entering this config my users will be flooded with messages from JDE!

ERP8

Every UBE submitted will generate an email back to the submitter when it is completed.

This is great for people who only occasionally submit UBE's. However people who submit them regularly tend to get annoyed and configure Inbox assistants to automatically delete the UBE completion messages.

Make sure there is a difference between the SMPT address used for your workflow (default [email protected]) and system (default [email protected]). If you make these addresses the same, it will make it harder for the users to setup Inbox assistants.

Thank-you Jeremy.

I don't suppose there is any way to be selective about which messages get sent? I am only interested in enabling Approval Routing, and don't want to send messages about every UBE.

Hi all,
I have the same problem.I dont want to send all ube completion messages to outlook.But maybe we can use outlook filtering.
And guys I have another problem.I see ube messages on outlook but I can not see workflow messages.Is there any special ini settings to see workflow messages in outlook.
Looking forward from hearing you soon.

Back