package build

coexistence_cnc

Very strange, never had this happen before...
6:00pm last night, fired up a full client/server package over production..Came in this morning and the server piece built with errors but basically did was not able to write to me iseries 400 ES because it was not able (according to the svrbuild.log) communicate w/ my ES. When I signed on to the 400 this morning I noticed that the only service running on O/S400 was Sentinel, no Network and no JDENET_*.

I know for sure that I ended service, cleared ipc, restarted services and verified services were running prior to submitting the build and leaving for the evening.

We have regularly built full client/server packages on all path codes recently with no issues at all and nothing technically has changed since.

Does anybody have any idea why the OneWorld services (except for Sentinel) ended on their own?

Yes, the most recent IBM/JDE APAR has been applied.

Thank-You,

OneWorld XE, XU7, SP21, O/S400 V5R1

First suggestion would be to see what the job logs say. How did the services end? Ended by a user, or did they end abnormally? You should be able to see without question, when and why the jobs ended. Once you get that question answered, then you can start to determine the "why's" involved.

Regards,

Jim

Jim, thanks for the reminder, I'm so embarrassed I asked. I can't believe I forgot about the amazing logs produced by O/S 400. Too early on a Sunday morning it was.

Back