ODBC Connection

parora

Well Known Member
I have created an ODBC Connection to a JDE environment. Using MS Access 2000, when I link to certain JDE Tables, e.g. F42119, using this ODBC connection and try to view the table, I get an error "ODBC--Called Failed" and the table opens with all the fields "#NAME?". However, other tables, e.g. F4211, I have no problems with. I initially though it may have something to do with the size/record count of the JDE table, but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

Also, note when I created my ODBC Connection, under the Performance Tab, Advanced Option, I have set the Large Objects set to 8192 and the Record Blocking set to 512 (the maximum I have available on the system.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks.

Parora,

when linking tables in Access, be SURE that the fields you identify (in Access) as the Primary Key/Index fields match the actual primary key fields of the table. Don't add fields and don't leave any out.

Regards,

Larry/Jean, thanks so much for your response.

Jean, in response to your question, we are using Client Access Version 5, Release 1, and Service Level SI08389.

After several attempts at linking the same table, it finally worked. Any addtional thoughts on this, based on the release we are on.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the link. After changing the Commit Mode to "NONE", it solved one of the problems we were experiencing. Thanks for your help.

Back