PDF and Printing

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
We have a particular report that looks fine on the screen when you view it in Acrobat Reader and it prints fine, however when you print the UBE from within JDE it truncates the last column (right). Has anyone run across this before and how can we address this, the report is already very tightly squeezed together so adjusting the columns will be difficult.

For those on you on UNIX are you using Post Script as your printer language in JDE or PCL, if I use PCL all my documents prints garbage. I don't know if this is causing the issue with the printing because on the Local machine the print driver is PCL and in JDE it is Post Script.

Cleolai,

Check before you print from Acrobat. By default it 'shrinks to fit' the paper. We run into this when we try to print a Letter report on A4 paper.

Tom Davidson

Hi Cleola,
We resolved a similar problem where the last column of a PDF was not
appearing on the print-out by upgrading the printer driver from PCL 5e
to PCL 6. The printer we observed this on was a HP 4100. We actually
observed the issue in forms coming through our forms package rather than
printing the PDF direct from JDE.
Regards,
Mark Suters

ERP8, Update 1, SP22_F1, W2K, Citrix XP FR2, SQL Server 2000

------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Mark Suters - Senior Network and Applications Engineer
Stockland Group
P: 02 9561 2671 F: 02 9020 8323 M: 0417 318 245
E: [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

#####################################################################################
Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not
the intended recipient. Stockland and any of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the
views of any such entity.

Thank You.
#####################################################################################

Well JDEList,

I'm back dredging up more 2-year-old posts to reply to.. : )

This one applies to me, however, in the present..in 8.10, upgrading from XE.

We have the situation where reports are viewable in Acrobat 4.0, print fine, but when these same reports are submitted straight to printers defined as *JDE PCL, the left hand side of the report is either removing white space(e.g., R10 3" looks like R103") or "stacking" the field (e.g., date field partially stacks mm on top of dd for a mm/dd/yyyy date..pushes it to the right).

Questions I have:
Q1: Anybody else having this issue?
Q2: Is there any documentation specific to Xe or 8.10 other than KG(I've searched there and nothing specific to this issue but lots of PCL hits) that would explain internal *JDE PCL filters vs. non-internal..basically to help figure out what's happening here(?) in these reports..and tell me what filters(and versions of) are actively being used.

Thanks,
Vernon
P.S. Please help soon...or I'll be forced to open a call with the "Ora-Soft-Edwards" folks ; )

Back